It can also serve as the nuclear option if you’ve bricked your device and no other methods to fix it are working. That said, using a Nandroid backup to return to stock is only a short-term option. The backup will restore your old apps and data, meaning that apps you’ve uninstalled will reappear, and text messages you’ve since received will disappear. If your Nandroid backup is more than a day or two old, you might want to keep it for emergencies only. Firmware is the shortest memory of phones that keeps your data of the phone securely. But to work it strongly and to keep free from all kinds of all system loss it needs some unique program. Dr.Fone – Phone Backup (Android) is always ready to provide such kinds of facility to store data of your mobile phone.
The ROM (Read Only Memory) operating system that we discussed is also known as Firmware. Through the device, they have access to the users without any type of modification and they stay firm.
- Choosing and flashing ROMs not developed for their specific device model might cause software problems with the device, and may also lead to soft/hard bricks.
- Stock Android eliminates the carrier-installed apps from your device, which provides some storage space for your own use.
- However, you must bear in mind that any failure during its installation can cause the mobile to be defective , or in the worst case scenario, unusable.
- In this case, when GCam tries to use the cameras, it can’t and ends up crashing.
- Generally, all versions of Android are based on this release.
AOSP consists only the codes needed for the OS to boot up & just function. No bloatware, no GApps, no third party patches and libraries, no extra features and tweaks. Also, because AOSP is very barebone and lacks CPU libs and patches, it won’t even be able to boot on most phones in its stock form. However, manufacturers often stop releasing updates for the older devices. However, custom ROMs offer continued updates for the device even after its production has stopped.
Now, scroll down the main screen and tap the ‘Backup Current ROM’. It is always recommended that your Android device battery must be charged above 50% at least. If in case, your device runs out of power during Android ROM backup or device backup, it may harshly impact the device. To avoid this, power up your mobile enough to sustain the entire process. You’ll see a pop up with details of what will be restored. Just check the boxes next to the apps you want to save and hit Backup at the bottom.
- GCam for POCO X3 128GB
- Bliss ROM is a new custom ROM in the Android ecosystem but it has huge potential.
- The added functionalities of Havoc-OS include tons of mods for the Status bar, buttons, lights, gestures, and other various configurations.
- The Samsung Galaxy Xcover is for those who like to have some adventure in their life.
- As a result, the latest versions are more stable than ever and go easier on the system’s resources.
Gcam 8.7 is the latest version of the Google Camera app and it is now available for download on all Android devices. This app provides improved camera functionality and features such as enhanced low light photography, portrait mode, and HDR+. To download Gcam 8.7, you can simply click on the download button below. Once the download is complete, you can follow the instructions provided by the app to install and set it up on your phone. With Gcam 8.7, you can take stunning photos and videos with your Android device. It is known for its ability to enhance the brightness, contrast, and color of photos, resulting in images that are more vivid and detailed. There are here some Google Camera Mod versions of 8.0, 7.4 or some lower version which can be found from the following download link.